Okay, so this isn’t exactly a recipe for family dinner, but maybe it should be. Seriously, this stuff is delicious. A perfect dish to bring to barbecues or parties, as a side or topping for your favorite Mexican supper, or to enjoy all by yourself while binging on your favorite Netflix show. Thanks to Ruthie for sharing it with us!
What you’ll need:
- 1 28oz can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 4 oz cans of diced green chilis
- 1 medium sweet onion, in chunks
- 1/4 bunch of chopped cilantro (or more, if you like lots)
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp salt
Throw everything in a large bowl, and pulse in batches through a food processor. Be careful not to overdo it, or it’ll be a mushy mess.